If you are a seller, and your turnover crosses certain threshold limit of Rs 20 lakh in Delhi or Rs 10 lakh in other states, then aapki ‘VAT’ lagegi..If transactions involve movement of goods from one state to another, this tax is levied under Central Sales Tax Act (CST),1956.
Sales tax / state VAT is payable by the seller to the government. Ordinarily, sales tax / state VAT is recovered from the buyer as a part of consideration for sale of goods.
CST is not dependent on turnover criteria. Hence, if you are selling products outside your state, then CST registration is mandatory.
Documents required for VAT/CST registration:
- Self attested PAN card copy.
- Two Photographs.
- Self attested copy of any one of the Identity Proof like, Passport, Voter ID & Aadhar Card
- Self attested copy of any one of the Address Proof like Bank Pass Book/Bank Statement, Telephone Landline Bill Mobile Bill & Electricity Bill
- Premises Address proof Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, Mobile Bill & Gas Bill, AND Rent Agreement (If Rented) AND NOC for doing Business & for taking Registration
- A copy of Cancelled cheque
- Name of the proposed unit
- Objects of business for which registration is required
- Board Resolution for authorization of Service Tax Registration in case of comapny
- Private limited companies must also submit the Memorandum and Articles of Association, Form 7, Form DIR 12, Form INC 22 and Certificate of Incorporation,
- While Partnerships must submit the Partnership Agreement.
- In addition, security deposit or surety or reference maybe required to obtain VAT Registration based on the State in which the business operates
Moneyम्जी can get you VAT registration just for Rs 3,000/-