GST GST GST! I have heard so much about GST, I know that it is Goods and Service Tax, it will be one nation, one tax regime, taxes will be simplified and much more. Now what?
It’s time for some action, bro! Get registered. It’s a show time.
Service Tax registrants, if you were not registered under VAT, your enrollment into GST will start from 9th January, 2017. For VAT registrants, last date of December 31st has been extended till January 31st to give you more time to migrate.
Yes, I am an action man, Moneyम्जी, tell me what to do!
It will give you immense pride to know that this entire GST migration and registration procedure is paperless. You won’t have to visit to submit hard copies. Here is a stepwise process to migrate to GST:
- Provisional ID and Password: You will be provided provisional ID and password by Service Tax Department (Central Board of Excise and Customs) once you log in. In case you have not received the same, contact the servie tax department.
- Create user id and password on GST: Once you get a provisional ID and password, you need to create a unique username and new password using provisional ID and password on GST common portal www.gst.gov.in. On creation of the same, you get a provisional GST number.
- Fill Enrollment Application: Here you need to provide details of your business, proprietor, managing director, partner, karta, authorized signatory, among other details. You would also need to fill details of principal place of business, additional places of businesses, and bank details.
Supporting documents will be attached in every stage of filing. You can check the list of documents here.
- Details of goods and services supplied: Details of the top 5 services along with the Service Accounting Code should be given under the details of services. Similarly, HSN wise details of 5 top goods should be specified.
- Submit Application: All the applications will be submitted electronically- either through Digital Signature Certificate (DSC) or Aadhaar number. DSC submission is mandatory for companies and LLP, while other tax payers can submit using Aadhaar One Time Password.
The process is complete, and after successful verification, you will receive Acknowledgement Receipt Number (ARN) within next 15 minutes. Save this number for your record, so that you can track your application once GST Act comes into force.
Moneyम्जी can help you in migrating to GST at a mere cost of Rs 3,500/- (excluding DSC cost).
Contact Moneyम्जी at email@example.com or call at +91-9711730497.