The scope of the due diligence review, which is always determined in conjunction with you, depends on the size and scale of the transaction and the surrounding risks.
Our due diligence service focuses on the most critical elements of transactions, including:
• Identifying and quantifying industry and deal-specific risks and opportunities.
• Evaluating quality and reasonableness of historical and projected earnings and cash flows assessing quality of assets.
• Identifying hidden costs, commitments and contingencies.
• Identifying and quantifying tax exposures.
• Identifying and quantifying liabilities that can be deal breakers; and
• Highlighting issues likely to affect the purchase price or contract conditions.
Practitioners in our due diligence services group are seasoned accounting and tax specialists who provide valueadded services to corporate and private equity clients on a daily basis and have a deep understanding of India’s unique challenges such as:
• Disparity in accounting principles and quality of financial information.
• Lax internal control, transparency and corporate governance standards.
• Proliferation of related party transactions; and
• Complex and evolving tax rules and regulations.